Eligibility for Hospice Services
In order to receive hospice services, an individual must meet the following criteria:
- A doctor’s statement reporting the individual has a life expectancy of 6 months or less if the illness runs its normal course.
- The individual agrees to comfort measures only and is no longer seeking aggressive/curative treatment for his/her terminal illness (including chemotherapy, radiation, or life prolonging therapies such as blood transfusions or IV hydration).
- There is a primary caregiver, or a plan to obtain a caregiver when the individual can no longer care for himself/herself safely.
Hospice services may be appropriate for a variety of diseases/illnesses, including:
- ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, “Lou Gehrig’s Disease”)
- Alzheimer’s Disease – Late Stages
- CHF (Congestive Heart Failure)
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Dementia – Late Stages
- Heart Disease
- Huntington’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Renal Disease
The future of health care is a serious concern for all of us. There are many unknowns, but our dedicated staff knows one thing for certain – we want our agency to be available in Kosciusko County for the next family who needs our help. Your generous gift will make that possible.