Medical Social Service
Social Services at Kosciusko Home Care and Hospice are provided by Medical Social Workers. The social workers are available to meet with patients and loved ones to assist in identifying needs and provide information.
Social Workers are trained in assessing the psychological, spiritual, financial, social, and cultural needs of individuals and families.
Services provided by the social workers may include:
- Information on advance directives (including: Living Will, Health Care Power of Attorney, Out of Hospital Do Not Resuscitate Declaration and Order)
- Assessing caregiver strain and care giving options
- Assessing and reviewing coping methods
- Information on grief
- Information on other care settings (Skilled Nursing Facility, Assisted Living Facility, etc)
- Information on financial resources
- Providing emotional support
- Assessing family roles/conflicts
- Information on community resources (transportation, financial assistance, Mobile Meals, etc)
- Information on hospice services
The future of health care is a serious concern for all of us. There are many unknowns, but our dedicated staff knows one thing for certain – we want our agency to be available in Kosciusko County for the next family who needs our help. Your generous gift will make that possible.