Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Skilled Nursing is provided by a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse with special training and experience in providing care in the home. A RN initiates and coordinates patient care and services with your physician and other home care team members. The nurse communicates frequently with your physician to update your plan of care. Comprehensive services are provided to all ages from infants to seniors.
Health conditions often seen by skilled nursing include:
- Fractures and total joint replacements
- Heart conditions including MI, congestive heart failure, open heart surgery and heart transplants
- Pulmonary conditions including bronchitis, COPD, emphysema and asthma
- Neurological conditions including CVA, TIA, spinal cord trauma, Parkinson’s disease closed head injuries and peripheral nerve disorders
- Fall risk
- Cognitive conditions including dementia and Alzheimer’s
- Chronic pain
- General debility
Skills used by a Nurse in home health may include:
- Medication management
- Diabetes management
- Pain management
- Respiratory management
- Bowel/Bladder management
- Wound Care
- IV Therapy
- Patient/caregiver education
Nurses at Kosciusko Home Care & Hospice, Inc not only treat patients but also educate patients and their families about various medical conditions in addition to providing advice and emotional support. The staff can assist with catheters, drainage tubes, obtaining lab specimens, performing dressing changes, or teaching ostomy care. Contact us to find out more on how our skilled nursing services can help you or a loved one.
The future of health care is a serious concern for all of us. There are many unknowns, but our dedicated staff knows one thing for certain – we want our agency to be available in Kosciusko County for the next family who needs our help. Your generous gift will make that possible.